Tuesday 25 February 2014

One Sentence Story


Last week in class we participated in a fun activity known as a one sentence story. Basically the one sentence is broken down and pictures are picked to represent the broken down parts of that sentence (specifically each word in that sentence if possible). When this was first introduced to me my mind immediately went blank and I couldn't think of anything to write or represent in pictures. After playing around with pictures an idea suddenly came to me. I took pictures from a summer trip to Portugal and organized them in a way to represent a sentence describing that trip.

When I was going through the process I used a familiar tool, Photo Story 3 for Windows, which made it easy to put the final product together. The great thing about this program that makes me continuously use it is that it easily allows pictures to be uploaded and added to. Another feature of the program that I really like is how easy it is to add music. In just a few simple clicks I had music playing at the volume and location I wanted it to. One last feature that I really like and find great is that saving and finding the document later is easy. Later when I needed to find the video I could easily because it was saved as something that I understood and knew where it would be.

I think that using this activity in a classroom would be awesome, and I think that students wouldn't have as much trouble as me at being creative. Also this is an opportunity for students to try out different programs and navigate different tools just as I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment