Tuesday 11 February 2014

Pictures Recreated

Last week in class we had the opportunity to play around with editing pictures. I am quite familiar with this process because in highschool my friends and I would do it all the time. There are so many different tools and programs available online to edit pictures (and even videos but that will be another post).

One of the sites that I really liked and found easy to use is Pic Monkey (www.picmonkey.com). The layout is easy to follow and there are plenty of options. The only problem I have with this site is that there are too many options that it can be overwhelming. Before using this in a classroom I would want to play around with it a bit more and work out the kinks.

I think that picture editing is a great activity for the classroom and kids would have a blast playing around with photos. A way of taking this even further is having students scrapbook any photos that they edit. A friend and I  did a presentation in another class based on using scrapbooking as a creative activity in the classroom. We found that it is a great way of students reflecting back on different experiences they had during school. Also it is a more hands on activity compared to just journaling in a notebook.

For class I took a picture of my brother and me from our 2008 grad;

 
I changed the lighting of the picture as well as added a border and text.

      
Overall I really like the use of photo editing in the classroom and will definitely be trying it in a future classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment