Wednesday 13 February 2013

My Infographic

An infographic is a neat way of displaying information and also a fun way of compiling information. I think that they are pleasing to look at and a great way of getting important information across.

Here is the link to my infographic: http://infogr.am/Alaura-7582270631/
I used infogr.am to create it and ran into very few problems. The only issue I have is that once a graph is entered on the page I couldn't move it around. Also, I'm not a big fan of how all the graphs are one under another. I do like all the templates on infogr.am and the different features but not how they are displayed in the end.  I'm sure the more I use it (like other programs) the better I will get at it. There are also a few other sites that a classmate mentioned but I haven't checked them out yet. I'm going to have to play around with them and see

I would use this is a tool for teaching and learning in a class with students. I think that kids would enjoy putting their research into a visual representation online. Infographics are more than just regular posters because they can be interactive with timers and countdowns. Also videos, maps. and pictures can be uploaded as well.

2 comments:

  1. Infographics do tend to be long and skinny. I tried it out, instead of double clicking on a chart to edit, click and hold and you'll be able to move it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved your infographic! I am not a huge reader but was very intrigued by your book collection. I also found this program hard to use. Thank you for the tip Mr.L. I also plan on using it my classroom I think it is an interactive way to get students involved in their project. I love all the things you can put on your infographic as well

    ReplyDelete